Full Time | Posted 01/17/2023
GENERAL PURPOSE OF JOB
Medical Data Systems Inc. team is seeking a professional, self-sufficient, highly motivated dependable person to work in our support department. The primary responsibilities of the position are to process acknowledgement reports and post transactions in collection system. This person must be able to handle a very high volume of detailed data processing and be able to work under tight performance guidelines. Position requires the strong ability to focus on detail and multi-task while working in a fast-paced, noisy atmosphere. Must be proficient in Microsoft Office, Word, Excel, office equipment, and have the ability to type at least 50 words per minute.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Process acknowledgement reports sent daily by facility using proficient abilities with Microsoft Excel. Understanding by acknowledgement reports: transaction files, inventory reports, cancellation/withdrawals and recall reports, reinstatements reports have to be process accurately and promptly. Notify immediately any changes or error that might be in any acknowledgement report. Transaction files have to be completed daily, if for some reason this task is not finished daily notify immediately. Keep track daily of acknowledgement reports.
- Ability to apply common sense and to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of situations where only limited information and facts are available.
- Able to access client host systems and be able to navigate through the systems.
- Post payments as requested following faculties rules.
- Cross-duties: Clerk will also assist in other duties within the department such as but not limited to cash posting, RCA posting, client posting and account reviews.
- Reply to any email from manager or supervisor as requested.
- Follow all office Procedures to maintain integrity of the company.
- Other duties as assigned
- High School diploma or GED
- Must have Data Entry experience
- Must type 50 WPM
- Proficient understanding of Microsoft Office, including Word, Excel, Outlook and general computer programs
Email applications to email@example.com
WHY WORK FOR MDS?
MDS is a proven, trusted and innovative leader in revenue cycle management. For more than 3 decades MDS has successfully partnered with multiple hospitals and respected health systems across the nation. Founded in 1985, MDS (Medical Data Systems, Inc.) pioneered Secondary Collections. Based on client needs and requests, we have expanded to Extended Business Office, Primary Collections and System Conversion Assistance & A/R Clean-Up Projects over our three-decade tenure.
MDS is always interested in meeting individuals who can enhance and help grow our businesses. We invite you to explore our opportunities and learn more about the benefits of being a part of MDS.
DOES MDS TRANSFER/PROMOTE FROM WITHIN?
To sustain our growth, we need the best-of-the-best in every area of our business. Our policy is to promote from within and encourage our associates to be their best. If you are motivated and have the drive, you will have the opportunity to build a career with our organization.
WHAT’S INCLUDED IN THE MDS BENEFITS PACKAGE?
MDS provides a competitive and comprehensive package of Healthcare, and Retirement benefits to all of its eligible associates. Such benefits may include:
- Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance
- Access to purchase Supplemental Insurance
- 401K Plan with Company match
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP) (some medical plans)
- Competitive Paid Time Off (PTO) and Paid Vacation
- Generous company paid Holiday schedule
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Company Paid Life Insurance
WHAT IS THE PROCEDURE FOR SUBMITTING A RESUME? WILL I RECEIVE ACKNOWLEDGMENT THAT MY RESUME HAS BEEN RECEIVED?
Resumes for any of the job postings can be submitted to firstname.lastname@example.org which will ensure your resume is routed to Human Resources. Your resume will then be reviewed by the appropriate hiring managers and selected candidates will be notified for the next step in the process.
This link leads to the machine-readable files that are made available in response to the federal Transparency in Coverage Rule and includes negotiated service rates and out-of-network allowed amounts between health plans and healthcare providers. The machine readable files are formatted to allow researchers, regulators, and application developers to more easily access and analyze data.